The Competency Library is a selection of Categories and skills which can be added to Impraise.
There are 3 ways competencies can be used in Impraise:
- People can give unsolicited feedback on competencies
- Ask for feedback on competencies
- As an admin, you can include competencies in a Review
This article includes:
- What is a Competency Library?
- How to add our Organization's Competency Library to Impraise
What is a Competency Library?
A competency library is a framework for defining the skill and knowledge requirements within your organization.
Use your current competency model
If you already have a competency model in place, you can reflect this model in Impraise. You can also include your company values as part of the competency model.
Don't have a competency model?
- Make a selection of the generic competencies from the Impraise Competency Library provided by your Customer Success Manager. Try to select skills that go along with your company's vision, mission, and values.
- Build your own competency model. Be aware that creating a competency model is a big project which takes collaboration, and considerable effort to define and make relevant to your organization.
Keep the following formulation rules in mind:
- Keep your competency model as clear and concise as possible.We would advise starting with no more than 5-7 categories, with 4-6 skills each.
- Competencies should measure only 1 topic. E.g. 'Good communication and easy to work with' measures two constructs, 'Communication' and 'Presentation' and should therefore not be combined into 1 competency.
Where and how to add your Organization's Competency Library
- From an account with Admin rights, click on 'Settings' from the navigation bar
- Click on the 'Feedback' tab
- Select 'Competency Model'
Here you can add/edit categories and create skills for each category:
- Click in the text field 'Add new category' and enter the name of the category and press 'Enter'
- Select the category you want to add skills for
- Click in the text field 'Add new skill' and enter the description of the skill and press 'Enter'
- The content will be autosaved.
- You can add as many skills to a category as you would like.
- To change the order click on the dots to the left of the skill and drag them to the desired order.
Delete a Category
- To edit/delete a skill, hover over the skill and on the right, you will see the edit and delete options.
- To delete a category, select the category and on the right side select 'Delete Category' and confirm the action.