Personal development goals can help you achieve and grow in areas outside of your performance. Do you want to improve your leadership skills or want to learn a new programming language? Set a personal development goal and make sure to use milestones to help you track your progress and achieve your goals.
How to set a Personal Development Goal
Any user can create their own personal development goal. All the managers can set a goal on behalf of their direct reports.
On the Navigation Bar, select the Goals and OKRs page. Click Set new objective, in the upper right corner. A pop up will appear, asking you to select an objective type. Please do so, then follow the steps below.
Create the objective
- From the Goals and OKRs page, navigate to ‘create an objective’
- Select ‘personal development goal’ in the dropdown menu
- Add the title of the goal in the title field
- Set the visibility of your goal. It’s automatically visible to your manager (in case you have one). You can extend the visibility to everyone in your company
- Select the due date
- Click ‘set goal’
Optional: you can add a goal description
Adding Milestones to your Personal Development Goal will help break it into more manageable, bite-sized pieces and allow you to see progress over time.
- From a previously created goal create a key result by clicking ‘add milestone’ on the bottom of the page.
- Add a title for your milestone
- Add a title and from the dropdown menu, you can select a metric type: task completion, #, $ or %, and click ‘Save’
- Optional: If you selected either a unit of measurement (#, $ or %), then enter your target.
- Continue adding milestones