An External Review is a chance to collect feedback on the performance of your employees, especially if they work in client-facing roles or as consultants within other companies. The questions of an External Review can focus on project-based work or more directly on skills and competencies. This review can be run separately from a Performance or Peer Reviewer. However, it might make sense to do a 360-degree review all in one, adding the External Reviewers to answer the same questions as the manager, the peers, and the self-assessment.
Questions about External Reviews? Check out our FAQ!
1. Create a review: If you are doing a review with only external reviewers, select the Custom Review type. If not, select whatever type of review you are doing and add the external reviewers along with the other participants.
Recipients: Select the individuals to be reviewed
Reviewers: External reviewers can be added in three ways:
- as an admin during participation selection
- as a feedback participant during the reviewer selection phase (if applicable)
- as a manager during the manager approval phase (if applicable)
3. Questions: Add questions about the employee's performance, areas of strength, potentials for development, or rating on skills/competencies. Option to do a project-based review for project-based work.
4. Scheduling: Add in the dates for your review
5. Communication: Add your review title and review instructions.
6. Reporting: share the report anonymously/non-anonymously with the feedback receiver and or the feedback receiver’s manager. Add your Generic HR Admin account as an anonymous/non-anonymous observer.
7. Click the "Schedule Review" button to get your review started!
Looking for ideas on what questions and instructions to use? Download our External Review Templates! 👇