A manager or leadership review is an opportunity for managers to assess their strengths and uncover potential coaching needs of their team members. Developing key leadership behaviors can help managers in effectively leading their teams, while also providing individuals a chance to give constructive feedback about core skills and competencies needed to lead a team effectively.
1. Create a review: select Leadership Review (+ self-assessment)
Recipients: Select the managers to be reviewed.
Reviewers: Click "save" for direct reports to automatically be selected as reviewers. This is based on manager <> direct reports relationships in User Management.
3. Questions: Add questions around managerial/leadership/coaching skills and competencies.
4. Scheduling: Add in the dates for your review
Tip: Aim to organize the Leadership Review in a ‘neutral period’ after performance evaluations, so feedback doesn’t impact the evaluation process.
5. Communication: Add your review title and review instructions.
6. Reporting: share the report non-anonymously/anonymously with the feedback receiver and or the feedback receiver’s manager. Add your Generic HR Admin account as a non-anonymous/anonymous observer.
Tip: As giving upward feedback may be difficult, we recommend making the Leadership Review anonymous, at least for the first time(s).
7. Click the "Schedule Review" button to get your review started!
Looking for ideas on what questions and instructions to use? Download our Leadership Review Templates!